Saturday, February 7, 2009

Module 3 - Legal Issues

1. Have you used images or words on your web page or website that contravene copyright laws?


I don’t believe I have used images or words on my web page or website that have contravened copyright laws. The images and words used were part of the educational context of this course and therefore would not be considered in breach of copyright. The instruction method used to learn to develop the web page directed the students to specific word content and images, similarly to direction used in a non electronic format, with such instructions directing the students to transfer the words or images on to their own website. In this context I do not think copyright laws have been breached.


2. Would you be in breach of copyright if you put the Curtin logo at the top of your web page for an assignment?

I do not believe I would be in breach of copyright if I use the Curtin logo on the top of my web page for an assignment as this would be considered part of the teaching and learning this is being conducted by Curtin University with the expectation that students construct a web page. As the direction is coming from Curtin University, the logo would be permitted as it would be considered an extension of the direction that had been given. I have looked at the Copyright Policy and Procedures for Curtin University and could not find any reference that the use of the logo by students would be in breach of any copyright laws. I belive this is supported as the work being conducted is in an educational context.

No comments:

Post a Comment